Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Plastic Surgery for Shidduchim

There has been a lot of JBlog chatter concerning the Jewish Press article that advised girls to get plastic surgery if improving their appearance could improve their shidduch chances.
I personally don't think plastic surgery is the biggest tragedy and I wouldn't judge someone who did it to make herself feel better about herself, etc. But I couldn't help be reminded of a great "Without A Trace" episode (season 3, episode 5, "American Goddess") in which a woman undergoes extensive body altering surgeries in order to win a beauty contest. In the end she realizes it was all a big mistake and tries to have it reversed. When I first saw the episode I immediately thought it should be required for all Jewish girls to watch it.
Coincidentally the episode is showing right now on television.

No comments: