Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Things My Grandfather Hated . . . But Let Me Do Anyway

7) He hated when I opened up the fridge. As soon as I grabbed onto the door handle to yank it open he'd ask me what am I looking for. Why am I "letting all the cold air out." Etc. (If I left the lights on in a room he'd ask me if I bought Con Ed stock.)
And now that we're in the house and I'm more conscious about energy bills I do the same with David. As soon as I see him going toward the fridge I ask him what he's looking for. And God forbid he keeps it open longer than necessary.

2 comments:

tesyaa said...

The father of one of our babysitters told his seven kids to decide what they wanted to eat BEFORE they opened the refrigerator door.

Abba said...

tesyaa:

well my grandfather lived throught the depression. what's my excuse? :)
have a חג כשר ושמח