Friday, September 17, 2010

Second Child Syndrome

Yesterday Kineret told me that Ora clapped her hands. "Did you get the video?" I asked.
"Nah," she replied sheepishly.
(Ora also finally started crawling last night, albeit just a few inches and it was more from hip propulsion than actual leg and arm movement. For this I was home and I did run to get the video.)
* * *
Last week Oren asked me if I am speaking to Ora in Hebrew the way I did with David. Unfortunately I don't get spend as much time with her as I did with David and so I haven't really stressed the Hebrew with her. I started to say that I feel bad about it, but Oren cut me off. "Yeah, spare me," he said, "everyone feels guilty with the second child."
While Kineret was pregnant I remember talking to my cousin about how I wasn't expecting to see as much of her as I did David. She smiled and said there is nothing like the relationship with the first child.

No comments: